Petits Pois à la North by Sud-Ouest Charcuterie
* Fine dice a small onion or large shallot. It's worth putting in a bit of effort here - use a sharp knife and challenge yourself to do it as fine as you can - it will make all the difference... (Although if you do it biffy, uneven and a bit too big, it will still be flipping nice)
* Thinly slice a fat garlic clove
* Melt a sinful wodge of butter in a wide pan - When it sizzles throw in a pack of #TheCuredPorkLoin lardons or other bacon/ham (100g).
* Fry briefly then add the chopped onion and garlic.
* Sweat. We're aiming for sweetness, not really brownness...
* Throw in lots of peas. If you can get fresh ones you'll sit with the winners and kings. But frozen is entirely delicious.
* If the peas are frozen, turn up the heat. Either way, toss until all the flavours have got to know each other. About 2 mins.
* Roughly chop up a small baby gem or romaine lettuce. Throw that in (the inner leaves are the best part). Toss for another minute or two.
* Add a small wine glassfull of stock. I used my #cotechino stock, which I sell at markets - it's all kinds of delicious. Any light stock will do - chicken, veg, ham, even prawn or lobster would be ace if you have some shells in the freezer...
* Let it all simmer nicely until the stock is reduced down to a scant puddle under the peas. Remove from the heat.
* Season with salt and pepper. Taste it carefully, more than once; this is the difference between it being nice and fucking delicious.
*Throw in some herbs: parsley and/or mint or lovage which is what I used cos we now have some in the garden. Yum!
*Treat yourself to some good bread. Have a glass of white wine. Summer's nearly here...!
#curedporkloin #bacon #peasandbacon #charcuterie #freerange #salad #summerfood #instafood #britishcharcuterie #charcuterieuk #petitspois #frenchsalad #northbysudouestcharcuterie #recipe #saladrecipe #andrewrogers #awardwinning #frenchsummer #pork #britishpork #summersalad #lardons #guanciale #ventreche #lovage #fathersday #fathersdaygifts #charcuteriegifts
Spicy Nduja Spring Greens
Spring is finally here, it's time to start thinking about salads and lighter, brighter meals to suit the improved weather...
Sliced cured meats can be a fantastic centrepiece to a picky tea or a punchy element to a salad. Try tarting up some steamed sprouting broccoli, kale or spring greens with our frazzled Ventreche (pancetta) or Goula (guanciale) lardons or our spicy nduja... Just add olive oil and garlic if you want... And bread... And maybe cheese... And a glass of wine wouldn't go amiss... and if you're Louis Theroux, you'll know that roasted almonds go with everything.
Cavolo Nero and Savoy Cabbage stalks removed (we got ours from #Lidl) or a green of your choice (broccoli, kale, spring cabbage etc)
Ventreche/Goula or a thumb sized slice of North by Sud-Ouest Spicy Nduja. (available here www.northbysudouest.com/product-page/nduja-1 )
Olive Oil (the best quality you have)
Chopped Almonds or Pine Nuts: Toasted
#spicy #springgreens #cavolonero #nduja #ventreche #goula #greens #cabbage #kale #broccoli #salad #guanciale #pancetta #simplesupper #simpletea #dinner #freerange #ethical #healthy #foodie #local #lowcarbonfootprint
Proper Carbonara: Coming Soon...
We haven't written this recipe up yet but in the mean time you can watch our recipe video here which tell you how to make a proper Carbonara using the authentic ingredient Goula (Guanciale) which you can buy via this link....